Bachelor of Sciences in Software Engineering (BSSE)
Objectives of BS(Hons) in Software Engineering Program:
The program is designed to educate the students in a field changing as rapidly as software engineering; we endeavor to provide a solid foundation for life-long professional growth.
We believe that the field has matured to the point where fundamental principles have been established, and these principles provide the background for specific program objectives and outcomes.
- To learn to employ sound principles and practices to engineer embedded software systems for aerospace, aviation, and related fields.
- To demonstrate professionalism including continued learning and professional activities.
- To learn to contribute to society by behaving ethically and responsibly.
- To communicate effectively in oral, written, and newly developing modes and media.
- To learn to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety.
- To learn the ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- The ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- To be able to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An understanding of real-time embedded computer systems