Bachelor of Sciences in Information Technology (BSIT)
Objectives of BS(Hons) in Information Technology Program:
The program is designed to provide an infrastructure through which students can gain technical, analytical, and managerial knowledge and interpersonal skills and develop the abilities and skills important for effective participation in industry.
The goal of the program is to prepare students with broad, integrated IT knowledge including communications, computer networking, computer-based systems, database management, software development, website development, digital media and electronic publishing.
The courses are designed to provide students with the competencies necessary to plan customize, manage and secure network and operating system configurations for optimum business applications and plan, design and maintain professional quality websites and internet applications for e-commerce and other business applications.
- To ensure students develop the teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills required as an information technology professional.
- To ensure students are well equipped to meet the requirements of both industrial and commercial organizations for information technology specialists
- To develop technical skills such as systems analysis and design .
- To obtain technical and basic business education with an appropriate combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- To have a well-rounded education that enables them to conduct themselves as responsible professionals are aware of ethical issues and societal needs and problems.
- To be able to contribute to innovation and development within their business, workplace, or community
- To be able to operate effectively in work and community situations and are aware of environments in which they will be contributing
- Ability to evaluate, apply, and manage technologies in various fields of IT, including software applications, management information systems, digital media publishing, Web site development and management, databases, and computer networks.
- to design and conduct experiments to resolve IT hardware and software problems.
- To be able to assess user needs and the impact of technological solutions in the societal context.
- Communicate effectively in oral, written, and in graphical modes.